Platt and Chiofalo are available to assist you with all of your college application needs. We work with individual students and their families as well as providing larger group offerings including whole school programs. In addition, we provide staff development to help your teachers and counselors better assist your students. Please contact us today for pricing, scheduling and availability.
Comprehensive College Consulting (Recommended for students in grades 9-12)
- Since each student's path to college is unique, our program adjusts to your individual needs and the needs of your family. We understand that applying to college physically happens during the fall of senior year but the journey to success in the process begins long before that. This program will help you develop your story and have an impactful overall high school experience. Once you get to junior and senior year, we would then help with resume creation, college visit planning, application help, essay editing and interview prep.
Resume Development (Recommended for students in grades 9-12)
- A resume is an invaluable resource in the college and job application process. You may need to submit one for the application itself or type its contents into the app, you may need one to give to a recommender to assist them in writing your rec letters, and you may even want to give one to your interviewer at the start of your interview. In any of these cases, having an accurate, well written and overall impressive resume is the key.
Single Essay Review (Recommended for students in grade 12)
- If you are not looking for complete assistance with your apps but you want to make sure that your essay is the best it can be, then a single essay read may be for you. We will read, edit and provide overall feedback about the direction that your essay needs to take and the changes you should make before submission. With so much riding on this one essay, having our experts give you feedback is an invaluable resource.
Story Development / Mentorship (Recommended for students in grades 9-12)
- If you have some activities you have done and some accomplishments you are proud of, but you are looking for direction or trying to find the last piece of the puzzle that will make you a truly attractive candidate, then this program will help you. The design here is to help students weave the pieces together and add a few key elements to push your story over the top.
Large Group ProgramsOne day College Application Workshops (recommended for 11th and 12th grade students)
- This is the ideal kick off for your senior class to get them ready for their applications. Through a high energy and engaging presentation style we will work with a large group then break into smaller groups for follow up sessions before concluding with a large session at the end. We will get students excited about the application process and then help them understand how it truly works as we walk them through all aspects of the process including the nuts and bolts of the apps, how to write attention grabbing essays and how to find and convey their story.
Week long Bootcamps (recommended for rising 12 graders)
- The goal of this program is for students to start senior year with an application or two completely finished. We will take a class of 15+ students through the application process with the goal of finishing some apps during the week. Through the course of 5 three-hour sessions, evening essay reviews and then one more week of essay reading after the class, we will help students polish their apps. This is an amazing value and for comparable coverage in private sessions it would easily cost 2-3 times as much. This program focuses on all facets of the application with the goal of application completion in a short period of time.
Staff Professional Development (recommended for junior and senior teachers and school counselors)
- This program is timed to fit your needs. Our programs range from a one hour to full day session we will provide inservice training to your staff to help them best assist the students at your school as they prepare for and work through the application process. While some of your staff is well versed on this process many will have gaps in understanding the big picture. Ultimately teachers and counselors don’t just help students in high school, but they also help them achieve the next step and we will help to equip them with the tools to make that happen.
Parent Information Session (recommended for parents with students in grades 9-12)
- This 1 hour program will help to inform parents about the basics of the application process and how to get their students (and themselves) ready for it. We focus on understanding the 3 prongs of the admissions process: grades, scores and story. Parents will leave this session with a complete understanding of how to help their students to be successful during the application process.
- College apps can be scary, the application process can be daunting and overall this is all just plain stressful. If you are a school or a parent group looking for a way to motivate your students to do the best in this process and give them the piece of mind they need along the way, then this program is for you. We can do this in classrooms for smaller groups or in an auditorium for larger groups and get your students ready to handle the task before them.